Job Shop Scheduling for a 2 stage process

Hi guys,

I am newbie to this mailing list and certainly in an urgent need for directions on particular scheduling problem…….

I am currently working on a job shop scheduling process for a parallel 2 stage oven-furnace kind of material flow.

I am undecided on what approach should I use to solve the problem. I am thinking of using either dynamic programming, integer programming or EA to solve.  I wonder anyone here has previous experience on solving job shop scheduling problems before.

I would appreciate all suggestions and comments

Many thanks for your time and attention !!

P/S: More details on the problem at hand can be forwarded on request.

Regards

David