Ga- JSP advice

Hi All,
Sorry for the nuisance email. I am currently undertaking an Msc. relating to
GA solutions to JSP. I have read much and have a good idea of the state of
the art in this area and in other approaches to JSP. However I have very
little idea as to how to develop  a simple implementation. I intend to use
the implementation as the basis for experiments with Meta-GA over PVM. I
therefore would like a simple implementation which covers the basic. Could
anyone advise me as to a simple way of creating an implementation. Whats the
best way of creating a schedule builder? Is the direct representation
approach more suitable considering I hope to maintain the focus on teh
parallel and Meta-GA aspects. What are the best set of Benchmark problems to
deal with?
Any help or advice I get will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation
Pio Fenton

Cork Institute of Technology
Rossa Avenue