special issue of Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing

(My apologies if you receive more than one copy of this.)

Dear Colleague,

We organise a special issue of Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing (JIM),
dedicated to Global Optimisation Meta-Heuristics for Industrial Systems
Design and Management.

We would be very honoured if you or members of your research team would
accept to contribute to this special issue by providing a paper. We will
include about eight papers in this special issue. All papers will be
refereed according to the JIM procedure.

If you wish to contribute, please send us an abstract of your paper.

We look forward to the pleasure of reading from you.

Yours sincerely
A. Dolgui and P. Lacomme

CALL FOR PAPERS

Global Optimisation Meta-Heuristics for Industrial Systems Design and Management

A Special Issue of Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing to appear in year 2001

Problems of industrial systems design and management have large solution
space, i.e. the number of solutions is very large. Many local optima exist.
Efficient methods for global optimisation are required.

The aim of this special issue of Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing is to
present recent developments and applications concerning global optimisation
techniques for industrial engineering.

Possible topics for papers submitted to the special issue include but are
not limited to:

- Greedy random adaptive search procedures
- Natural evolutionary computation
- Non-monotonic search strategies
- Partitioned search methods (branch-and-bound, …)
- Statistical methods
- Simulated annealing
- Tabu search
- Threshold algorithms and their hybrids

We are very much interested in methods which:
i) combine intelligently different concepts for exploring and exploiting the
search space, and use learning strategies in order to find efficiently
near-optimal solutions
ii) couple optimisation techniques and discrete events simulation models
iii) apply global optimisation approaches for multi-objectives optimisation

This special issue will focus on the following industrial applications:
- Line Balancing
- Layout and Location
- Supply Chain Planning and Inventory Control
- Scheduling and Sequencing

Important Dates:
Immediately: Short abstract of tentative paper
May 1, 2000: Deadline for full paper submission
July 3, 2000: Completion of paper review
October 2, 2000: Camera-ready copy of final paper

Authors should follow the Notes for Authors at the end of each
issue of JIM when preparing their manuscripts for submission.
(see http://www.wkap.nl/kaphtml.htm/IFA0956-5515)

Four copies of the manuscript should be sent to

Guest Editors:

Dr Alexandre Dolgui
Associate Professor
Dept. of Industrial Engineering
University of Technology of Troyes
12 rue Marie-Curie, BP 2060
10010 Troyes Cedex, FRANCE
Fax: (+33) 3 25 71 56 49
Phone: (+33) 3 25 71 56 29
E-mail: dolgui@univ-troyes.fr

Dr Philippe Lacomme
Associate Professor
Dept. of Industrial Engineering
University of Technology of Troyes
12 rue Marie-Curie, BP 2060
10010 Troyes Cedex, FRANCE
Fax: (+33) 3 25 71 56 49
Phone: (+33) 3 25 71 58 60
E-mail: lacomme@univ-troyes.fr

	Alexandre B. DOLGUI, Ph.D.

	Associate Professor/Maitre de Conferences
	Industrial Systems Optimization Laboratory
	Industrial Engineering Department
	University of Technology of Troyes
	12, rue Marie Curie B.P. 2060
	10010 TROYES Cedex France